Lemon Baked CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Perfect summer dessert: Lemon Cheesecake.
135g | 1 cup + 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
42g | 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
125g | 1 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 small lemon zest + juice
114g | ½ cup cream cheese (room temperature)
2 eggs (room temperature)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
40ml heavy cream (room temperature)
87g | ¼ cup prepared lemon curd
strawberries and flowers for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Wrap the outside bottom of a 6-inch baking pan or springform pan with aluminum foil. *If you are using a springform lightly grease the inside with baking spray, but if you’re using a normal baking pan add parchment paper to be able to remove the cheesecake without problems.
- In a food processor, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup, press the mixture firmly into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F/160°C.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Add the cream cheese and salt and mix until smooth, be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times during mixing.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract, heavy cream, and lemon juice until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and place the pan in a large roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and carefully pour boiling water about halfway up the sides of the springform pan, ensuring it does not go above the foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- Turn off the oven and leave the oven door open with a wooden spoon, allowing the cheesecake to cool inside the oven for an hour.
- Remove the springform pan from the roasting pan and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, spread the prepared lemon curd evenly over the top of the chilled cheesecake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and flowers (optional).