Peanut butter and strawberry jam cookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
90g all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
57g unsalted butter (room temperature)
40g brown sugar
Pinch of salt
125g peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg (room temperature)
Strawberry jam (around 20-30 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C.
- Cream butter, sugars and salt. (I used a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment)
- Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, then sift the flour and baking powder in and beat until incorporated.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed/parchment paper.
- Flatten cookies with the palm of your hands and with the help of an utensil (I used the handle of a spoon) make the hearts in the middle of the cookies.
- In a pastry bag for ease, add strawberry jam and then fill the hearts with it.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet (they need to set up before being transferred).