Fudgy heart shaped browniesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Fudgy and cute valentine brownies.
5 tbsp melted unsalted butter (71g)
1+¼ cups sugar (249g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
⅓ cup vegetable oil (72g)
¾ cup cocoa powder (75g)
½ cup flour (63g)
1 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (128g)
White chocolate chips or white chocolate for the hearts
- Preheat the oven to 162C/325F.
- I used this heart silicone mold, but you can also bake them on a 8×8-inch baking pan lined with parchment/wax paper and then cut the brownies with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Spray with oil the baking pan or silicone mold, set aside.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and egg yolk.
- Add the oil and cocoa powder and mix together.
- Stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan or mold (If you are using the heart silicone mold to bake the brownies, place a baking sheet under the silicone mold so they don’t tip when moved into the oven or while baking).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, make the chocolate hearts using melted white chocolate and a heart shaped silicone mold and leave them in your freezer (I found these silicone molds on amazon and they have the one I used).
- Once baked, leave them to cool for about 15 minutes and after that you can add the heart chocolates.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes more and ENJOY!
- This recipe contains an affiliate link, which means that if you click on one of the product link, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make recipes and videos like this. Thank you for the support!