Strawberry Jam Sugar CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy and delicious strawberry jam sugar cookies~~
120 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
56 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 grams (1/4 cup) strawberry jam
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until well combined. The mixture will be liquid.
- Vigorously whisk in the egg for about 1 minute, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Switch to a rubber spatula and gently fold in the dry ingredients. Fold the dough until fully combined and smooth.
- Add spoonfuls of strawberry jam throughout the dough. Gently fold the dough 3-4 times to create ribbons of strawberry throughout the dough. Avoid overmixing, so the jam doesn’t fully blend in.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up the dough and place it onto a plate or small pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the uncovered dough in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and space out the cookie dough balls well apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden and the center looks slightly underdone.
- Allow the cookies to cool, and you can add a little bit more of jam and a small sprinkle of salt on top of the cookies.