Christmas puff pastriesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Sleepy reindeer gingerbread cookies with strawberry jam and chocolate.
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the very cold and cubed butter on top of the flour mixture and toss it together with your hands (don’t break the butter too much in this step).
- Stir in the cold water and knead until the dough comes together (there should still be large chunks of butter at this point)
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it.
- Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disk-shape and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough in the freezer for around 20 to 30 mins.
- Unwrap the dough, dust the work surface with flour, and roll the dough into a rough rectangle shape (about a 5×7 inch rectangle).
- Fold the dough into thirds as if you were folding a business letter.
- Turn 90 degrees, roll and fold again (Repeat about 2 to 4 times)
- Wrap the folded dough in plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/204C.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Using a pastry wheel/knife and the cookie cutters of your choice cut the pastries in the forms you want (you can watch the reel if you need more inspo).
- Add the strawberry jam, chocolate and gingerbread cookies, “close” and mark with a fork and varnish with egg wash.
- Transfer to a baking sheet with waxed paper/parchment paper, bake for 16-20 min, or until golden.
- Enjoy the cutest puff pastries!